Whenever I run out of content, due to one reason or the other, I decide to go for a Book Haul. Actually, I remained sick for most part of this month. My platelets count had decreased but now I’m fine & I’ve started reading once again. I’ll go back to University in a few days & resume my studies, as well. There’s a lot to catch up.
In the course of my sickness & earlier part of this month, I received some books. I had ordered a few books- some for my studies, some for the Book Club Reading (whose first meeting, I missed due to my sickness) & a few from my Wish list. Besides these I’ve got some review copies also. And here I’m to share the love with you all.
- Gem Squash Tokoloshe by Rachel Zadok: I bought this one from BookChor primarily because of its cover. The blurb is also an interesting one. So, I ordered it along with a few more books from my syllabus. Goodreads
- Ms Draupadi Kuru by Trisha Das: This one had been lying in my Wishlist for more than a year. I finally ordered it, this month & loved it. Goodreads
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: I wanted to read this book since long and fortunately, my Book Club selected it for this month. But as luck would have it, I was unable to read it. Goodreads
- The White Book by Han Kang: Now who doesn’t know about this book. This much anticipated book was kindly sent by Portobello Books & I started reading it as soon as it was delivered. I’ll be posting my review soon.
- Crossroads- Women coming of age in today’s Uganda: This is a collection of short stories by women writers from Uganda. I received it yesterday. I’ll start reading it in a few days. I’ve high expectations from this book. Goodreads
- Christmas with the Bomb Girls by Daisy Styles: This one was sent, beautifully wrapped, by Penguin UK Books. It is the 3rd book in the Bomb Girls series. Let’s see what it has for me. Goodreads
- Devi- The Goddesses of India: As you all know, I keep on participating in giveaways. I won a giveaway recently, and got this awesome book as prize by Aleph Book Company. It is a collection of essays on various forms of the godessses in India.
That’s all for now. Have you read any of these? Is there any book that I should prioritize? Do share your thoughts. Thanks.